How do you start your first ever blog post?! With a hello? That seems odd to me, because no one is reading it yet. But then I guess I should say hello to the people who will hopefully take the time to read… So, hello! And if you found that weird, so did I, I won’t be starting any future blogs with a hello, I promise.
I figured now would be a good time to tell you a little bit about me, so here goes with a ’10 things you might like to know about me’ list.
- I talk about my son and my life as a parent a lot. Largely because I love my boy so much, but also because I don’t often have much else to talk about!! Life is one big routine for me, although I am a stickler for the ‘New Year, New Me’, so my plan is to shake things up a bit next year.
- I am an ex-redcoat. Yes, I spent 8 months running around in character costumes and prancing about on stage in Bognor Regis, it was certainly a memorable time. I’m sure I will divulge further in a future post.
- I develop strange emotional attachments to certain television shows… Strictly Come Dancing being the main culprit. I’m not proud of this, but the first step is admitting you have a problem, right?
- I am the BIGGEST worrier. I worry about everything. I worry about worrying so much! And Google never helps me the way I think it will, it just convinces me I am facing certain death.
- I have never written professionally, or for the public. I have however, spent years writing as a way of dealing with anything that bothers me. Since having my boy, that has fallen by the wayside, hence ‘The Normal Mum’ is born.
- Every Sunday night I plan to start a new fitness regime the following day. 90% of the time, I do not start said routine. 10% of the time I do it on Monday and then take the rest of the week off.
- I LOVE being outdoors!! Outdoor holidays, activities, garden days – I love it all!! Camping, glamping, walks, picnics, beach days, I could go on all day.
- I am a woman of few possessions. If anyone ever broke into my home, they would be sadly disappointed. They would have a huge selection of Thomas the Tank and Paw Patrol items to choose from, however the only item of any real value is the hoover. I would be so upset if that was taken from me, it is my favourite chore. I like to keep things simple in my life.
- Considering I have such a background with children, namely the under 5s, I am atrocious at anything arts and craftsy. I’m being serious, everything I have ever attempted to make is hideous. That doesn’t stop me getting involved and helping my son try to acquire better skills than I have though.
- It’s not always clear, but I actually really enjoy fashion. I just don’t often have the time or money to stay “on trend”. Unless we are talking pyjamas, oh my, nightwear is my THING. The bigger and fleecier the better!
Now you know a little bit about me, hopefully you will come back again and read more about what goes on in this wacky world of mine. You can also follow me on Twitter at @The_Normal_Mum.